While at Shivaganga with Adina, Prakash took us to a temple that we had not been to before. The temple entrance is sandwiched between to giant boulders and opens to a very narrow cave with steep slippery steps downward in a passageway wide enough for only one person at a time.
The passageway leads to an underground lake of holy water of which you are supposed to drink some and splash some on your head. I decided to forgo the drinking of subterranean holy water and opted instead for just a quick splash on the head. The most interesting feature of the cave however was not the underground lake, but the plethora of bats that kept detaching from the cave walls, flying right up to the cave entrance, turning around, and flying back. After seeing the bats at the cave entrance, Mandi decided that going into the cave for the holy water really wasn't worth the creepiness. Though we got rabies shots before leaving for India, luckily we did not have to take advantage of this fact.
3 comments:
Dang girl, I am right there with ya! Holy water or not you've gone without it for this long, I'm sure you'll be fine. ;0)
http://www.jerkcity.com/jerkcity920.html
There's only one "anonymous" I know who would post a link to jerkcity and that would be Craig.
Post a Comment